|Home||» Products||» Farm Fresh Onions|
Farm Fresh Onions
Onions have been valued for their medicinal qualities by many cultures around the globe. Numerous health benefits have been attributed to the vegetable, including prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disorders. Scientific studies have shown a positive relationship between vegetable intake and risk for these common diseases. This has led many researchers to test whether the proposed medicinal attributes of onions are valid. Some of these studies have shown that including onion in the diet:
- Decrease cancer tumor initiation.
- Promote healing of stomach ulcers.
- Inhibit the proliferation of cultured ovarian, breast, and colon cancer cells.
The organosulfur compounds are largely responsible for the taste and smell of onions. Research studies have shown organosulfur compounds to:
- Reduce symptoms associated with diabetes mellitus.
- Inhibit platelet aggregation (involved in thrombosis).
- Prevent inflammatory processes associated with asthma.